Wednesday 17 June 2020

book review

There was a boy called Eddie who went to school and Miss Marshall said that “they are going to the Kura on the other side of town”. The class filled up with noise, she asked who has been to the Kura before. Nobody puts their hand up, some said that “had Eddie been before because he is maroi right but Eddie” said No. Manse is sitting next to him and he whispers “It's ok, I’m Samoa, and I haven’t even done the sasa. The next day, Miss Marshall gets us to brainstorm what we know about a powhiri and what happens during one “Ask Eddie, he’ll know,” says Joshua. Everyone looks at me, and I can feel my face starting to burn. I think of my marae, and I can see lots of pictures and patterns in my head, but I don’t know what to say.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.